Monday, February 1, 2010

Day of Departure 1/26




Today is the day of departure…I got a ride from my Dad to meet Shar at the airport, our flight leaves at 2:15. I am super excited and it really just doesn’t feel real yet. Everything went smoothly minus the airport only letting us have 50lbs in our bags! We were told that since we were on an international flight that we would get it waved..oh no not me and Shar. Here we are in the middle of the airport suitcases open trying to stuff as much as we can into our carry on. Shar had to take out 12lbs! I had to take out 6…mostly shoes, who would have guessed that ;) As the Aussies would say “no worries”… I got them to fit into my carry on. Our flights are to Chicago, LA, Brisbane, Cairns for two days and then FINALLY Adelaide. Yes, we went backwards and it was ridiculous. Once we finally arrived to LA around 7:30 we had a 4 hour layover at this tiny airport..we were absolutely starving and there were maybe 3 places to eat. There weren’t any plugs anywhere and by that time all of our electronics were dead. There were these random plug in stands where people were practically scrounging and fighting to plug in their phone or various electronic devices.


We didn’t find anyone from our group flight until we were in line, Princess (yes that’s her real name) and Caty. I sat between Shar and Caty for our 14 hour flight. This plane was ginormous…with over 500 people on it..yes! 500…insane! There were stairs going upstairs, we were in seat 50 something and in the middle of the plane! Some nice Aussie boy called me miss and asked me if I needed help putting my bag in the over head compartment. If you would just get a visual of me trying to haul a 30lb awkward to hold bag about 3ft over my head and Shar doing the exact same… Needless to say I think we could learn to accept a little help every once in a while and let those boys think that we need them a little bit ;)

Love,
Jayme

No comments:

Post a Comment