Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2/1 and 2/2: Working and Walking


2/1
Today was our first day of work—it went good and everyone is really nice. There’s no one really our age around so we were a little bummed about that but it’s ok. We did mostly office stuff, and reading up on materials about the Special Olympics. Jenny (our supervisor) just said it’ll be low key for the first week so we can familiarize ourselves with the SO games. It’s a 10 minute walks and we bring our cute little lunch bags we bought.
Nothing too crazy happens besides debating whether to buy internet for 50$ a month, share it, or what?? We realized McDonalds internet was oober slow…we can’t skype or even check email. Literally my computer died before I could check my email it was so slow! We’re spoiled in the US with free wi-fi everywhere…Shars best quote “if I don’t get internet soon I’m going to blow this place up!!” haha!! Here they have pay as you go phones and pay as you go internet, weird. And for all those Target lovers, it is not the same…it’s expensive and not up to par ;) Back to the internet subject, AustraLearn said we could get internet for 30$, we soon realized we could get “beginner” internet for 30$ meaning, you can maybe check your email if you have 2 hours to wait for it to load. No thanks. I’m not too stressed about it though…but the other girls across the hall we’re having a meltdown. Quite entertaining if you ask me. Who cares. We’re in Australia.

Cheers,
Jayme

2/2

Day 2 of work went a lot quicker. We had a few crazy mindless projects to do but made the time go fast. Our plan was to go to the beach after work—we even brought our beach stuff to work so we could hop on the tram. Just our luck, it ended up being cloudy and rainy, which apparently is really weird at this time. Nothing to crazy is happening these days…not like the Great Barrier Reef. We’re really just trying to walk as much as possible and familiarize ourselves with the area. Lots of walking, lots of maps and I have no sense of direction. Shar really gets a kick out of it.

Cheers,
Jayme

1 comment:

  1. 2 things:
    1)thanks for quoting me about the internet...sorry I was so cranky but I was getting a little annoyed and
    2) I love you to death but will never allow you to direct me in any direction...if ever I'm unsure we will ask someone nearby-deal? ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete